6 Brand Essentials you need to be straight on to take your Business to the Next Level
One of the phrases I write a lot in my Blog posts is "know your Brand". I harp on about it all the time because knowing your Brand is essential for building the Business of your dreams.
But it has occurred to me, that at might not be immediately obvious what on earth I mean by it! If you need to be reminded to take your Brand into consideration as the basis to everything you do in your Business, there's a fairly good chance that you don't know what I mean by it!
And if you do know it means, you're left with the question, "What do I need to know about my Brand?"
Those are the two important questions I answer in this Video:
- Why do you need to know your Brand?
- What do you need to know about it?
Watch the full video below, or keep scrolling for the highlights
Know your Brand Video Highlights
Why do you need to 'know your Brand'?
I have a favourite quote about Branding (famously said by Jeff Bezos, CEO & Founder of Amazon), "Branding is what people say about you when you're not in the room".
Having deliberate, intentional Branding is knowing what you want people to say about you, and making sure your Brand your Business so that's what people say.
Importantly, the point is not to make everybody like you. The point is to be so clear and consistent in your message that everybody says the same things about you, whether they think it's bad or the most amazing ever!
What do you need to know about your Brand?
It's time to think of your Brand like your favourite TV character. That person is familiar to you; you know how they behave, how they dress, what they drive, how they treat other people around them. And, if all of a sudden, they did something out of character, that would confuse you, and if they kept being unpredictable, you'd probably stop watching that show.
Which is what happens when online Brands are unpredictable. Your true ideal audience will be confused by your message and not stick around to see what the real you is genuinely like.
There are 6 things you need to know about your Brand to build a Business your tribe can rely on:
- Character and Personality. Is your Brand cheeky and flirty? Bossy with a splash of tough love?
- Tone of Voice. How does your Brand speak to your audience, both verbally and written?
- The Brand Experience you want to give your customers. Are you going for no frills value or indulgent luxury?
- Your Brand Image. What does your Brand wear? What colours, typography and photography do you use?
- Your Values and Beliefs. What values are important to you? What values do you share with your audience? How will you show / tell your audience that these values are important?
- Your Ideal audience. Who do you want to work with most of all in the whole World? Those are the people your Brand needs to speak to.
Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel to get updates on new videos.
Did you like this post? Share it with your friends!