My Favourite Tools & Resources for Growing & Monetizing Your Blog
Here I'm sharing links to all my favourite resources and tools I use to keep my Business running smoothly. (Some of these links are affiliate links which means I earn a small commission if you buy through my referral link. I only support tools, products and services recommended by those I trust and that I've personally used)
Start your Blog
- WordPress: The most popular platform for building a Money Making Blog. Gives you the ultimate freedom to build exactly the blog you want.
- Squarespace: All in one platform for building gorgeous websites and blogs. What I use for this Blog!
- SiteGround: My favourite hosting option for new Bloggers and what I use for my own self-hosted WordPress site. My Step-by-Step Guide to Starting a WordPress Blog includes getting set up with SiteGround.
- WP Engine: Affordable Managed WordPress Hosting.
- Elegant Themes: Super easy-to-use WordPress Themes and home of Divi, probably the most popular 'drag-and-drop' theme for WordPress.
- StudioPress: WordPress Themes, the legendary Genesis Framework and Managed WordPress hosting
- Bluchic: Feminine WordPress Themes for female entrepreneurs & Bloggers moving from hobby to business.
- Restored 316: Professional, feminine WordPress Themes for the Genesis Framework.
- Beautiful Dawn Designs: Classy, feminine WordPress Theme.
- Angie Makes: Cute and girly WordPress Themes and Design Elements.
Squarespace Design Kits
- Station Seven: Make your Squarespace Site stand out from the crowd with a stylish and affordable Squarekit.
Blog Design & Branding Resources
- Creative Market: Everything you could possibly need to design anything for your Blog, all from Independent Designers. Including Logos, Fonts, Photos, Templates and Design Elements.
- Ivory Mix Stock Photography: Affordable, attractive, easy to use styled stock photos for Bloggers, available as themed bundles, or a monthly membership.
- Unsplash: Totally gorgeous free stock photos of pretty much anything. No attribution required.
- The Hungry JPEG: Thousands of design resources including individual fonts, font bundles, themes and templates
- Font Bundles: Free & premium fonts bundles plus the free font of the week for subscribers.
- Design Bundles: Design Bundles for crafters, designers and bloggers. Plus a weekly free design for subscribers.
- Canva: User friendly, free design software, with lots of free templates. The most popular choice for Bloggers!
- Pixlr: Free online photo editing app. Work in layers, replace colour, transform objects and more.
Grow & Monetize Your Blog
things that make my life easier
- G Suite (was Google Apps for Work): Get a professional Blog email address, Docs, Drive and Calendar all together in one seamless package. Accessible from all your devices.
- Evernote: Write, organise and share your notes. Sync between devices so you can jot down Blog post ideas wherever you are!
- TypeForm: My choice for attractive, highly functional surveys and forms
- SmallPDF: Free web app for merging, splitting, compressing and converting PDF documents.
- PDFEscape: Free online or desktop PDF Editor. What I use to make my PDF worksheets fillable.
Email List Tools
- Mailchimp: A popular choice for new Bloggers with a Free Plan for up to 2000 subscribers.
- Mailerlite: The email software that I use, with a Free plan for up to 1000 subscribers, including unlimited emails, automation, landing pages and 24/7 customer support.
- ConvertKit: Super popular email list solution designed especially for Bloggers.
Social Media Scheduling
- Buffer: My choice of scheduling tool for my Twitter account. Also integrates with Facebook pages and groups, Instagram and Pinterest.
- BoardBooster: My choice of Pinterest automation tool. In this post I explain How I use Boardbooster to grow my Pinterest traffic on autopilot.
- Tailwind: One of the most popular choices for Pinterest scheduling
Recommended blogging Books
- Building a Framework: The Ultimate Blogging Handbook: Available as an e-book or upgrade to the full course. Abby from Just a Girl and Her Blog shares her tried and true methods with new Bloggers, taking you through all the steps needed to build a solid framework for Blog success.
- How to Make your First Affiliate Sale in 24 Hours using Pinterest: In this step-by-step guide Elise from House of Brazen takes you through the exact process she used to earn her first affiliate sale with Pinterest, including the basics of affiliate marketing, how to create 'viral' pins and her Boardbooster strategy.
Recommended blogging Courses
- Skillshare: Monthly membership site for online education with courses on absolutely everything! Get two free months of Premium Membership. This post shares 40+ of my favourite Blogging and Business courses on Skillshare.
- Blog by Number: Suzi from Start a Mom Blog takes you step-by-step through the complete process of starting a Blog, growing your traffic and making money from it, using the strategies that helped her grow her income from nothing to $11,000 per month in less than a year.
- Find Your Tribe Online: In this course Jen Snyder from Women Winning Online teaches you how to grow your Blog Traffic with Facebook Groups, Pinterest and Guest Posting. The course includes videos, worksheets and checklists plus pre-written scripts and a private student-only Facebook group.
- Ready, Set, Blog for Traffic: This course by freelance writer Elna Cain from Twins Mommy gives you a step-by-step plan on what you need to set up your blog for targeted traffic, how to market your posts on Pinterest and how to write damn good posts to attract and convert your audience.
- Affiliate Acceleration: In this course Kayla Aimee takes you through her affiliate marketing strategies and solutions to capture your audience's attention and move them to action, so you can use affiliate marketing as an easy, lucrative, income stream.
- Pageviews from Pinterest: In this course by Krista Dickson, she takes you through her 7-step system to increase traffic, email subscribers and income from Pinterest within 30 days.
- How to Create your First Opt-in Freebie: In this course Angie Nelson from The Work at Home Wife shares her best practices for planning your opt-in, as well as step-by-step instructions for creating, sharing and uploading it.