My Favourite Tools & Resources for Growing & Monetizing Your Blog
Here I'm sharing links to all my favourite resources and tools I use to keep my Business running smoothly. (Some of these links are affiliate links which means I earn a small commission if you buy through my referral link. I only support tools, products and services recommended by those I trust and that I've personally used)
Start your Blog
- WordPress: The most popular platform for building a Money Making Blog. Gives you the ultimate freedom to build exactly the blog you want.
- Squarespace: All in one platform for building gorgeous websites and blogs. What I use for this Blog!
- SiteGround: My favourite hosting option for new Bloggers and what I use for my own self-hosted WordPress site. My Step-by-Step Guide to Starting a WordPress Blog includes getting set up with SiteGround.
- WP Engine: Affordable Managed WordPress Hosting.
- Elegant Themes: Super easy-to-use WordPress Themes and home of Divi, probably the most popular 'drag-and-drop' theme for WordPress.
- StudioPress: WordPress Themes, the legendary Genesis Framework and Managed WordPress hosting
- Bluchic: Feminine WordPress Themes for female entrepreneurs & Bloggers moving from hobby to business.
- Restored 316: Professional, feminine WordPress Themes for the Genesis Framework.
- Beautiful Dawn Designs: Classy, feminine WordPress Theme.
- Angie Makes: Cute and girly WordPress Themes and Design Elements.
Squarespace Design Kits
- Station Seven: Make your Squarespace Site stand out from the crowd with a stylish and affordable Squarekit.
Blog Design & Branding Resources
- Creative Market: Everything you could possibly need to design anything for your Blog, all from Independent Designers. Including Logos, Fonts, Photos, Templates and Design Elements.
- Ivory Mix Stock Photography: Affordable, attractive, easy to use styled stock photos for Bloggers, available as themed bundles, or a monthly membership.
- Unsplash: Totally gorgeous free stock photos of pretty much anything. No attribution required.
- The Hungry JPEG: Thousands of design resources including individual fonts, font bundles, themes and templates
- Font Bundles: Free & premium fonts bundles plus the free font of the week for subscribers.
- Design Bundles: Design Bundles for crafters, designers and bloggers. Plus a weekly free design for subscribers.
- Canva: User friendly, free design software, with lots of free templates. The most popular choice for Bloggers!
- Pixlr: Free online photo editing app. Work in layers, replace colour, transform objects and more.
Grow & Monetize Your Blog
things that make my life easier
- G Suite (was Google Apps for Work): Get a professional Blog email address, Docs, Drive and Calendar all together in one seamless package. Accessible from all your devices.
- Evernote: Write, organise and share your notes. Sync between devices so you can jot down Blog post ideas wherever you are!
- TypeForm: My choice for attractive, highly functional surveys and forms
- SmallPDF: Free web app for merging, splitting, compressing and converting PDF documents.
- PDFEscape: Free online or desktop PDF Editor. What I use to make my PDF worksheets fillable.
Email List Tools
- Mailchimp: A popular choice for new Bloggers with a Free Plan for up to 2000 subscribers.
- Mailerlite: One of the Email Service Providers I use, with a Free plan for up to 1000 subscribers, including unlimited emails, automation, landing pages and 24/7 customer support.
- ConvertKit: The other Email Service Provider I use! ConvertKit is designed especially for Bloggers and is the perfect solution if you have multiple opt-ins and funnels.
Social Media Scheduling
- Buffer: My choice of scheduling tool for my Twitter account. Also integrates with Facebook pages and groups, Instagram and Pinterest.
- BoardBooster: My choice of Pinterest automation tool. In this post I explain How I use Boardbooster to grow my Pinterest traffic on autopilot.
- Tailwind: One of the most popular choices for Pinterest scheduling
Recommended blogging Books
- The Must Have Guide to Blogging: In this 175+ page eBook, full time Blogger Kayla Aimee, shares her tried and tested solutions for Starting, Growing and Monetising a Successful Blog. The Book includes step-by-step guides and tech tips plus an 18-page guide to Blog Photography and a 15-page Goal Planning & Tracking workbook.
- How to Make your First Affiliate Sale in 24 Hours using Pinterest: In this step-by-step guide Elise from House of Brazen takes you through the exact process she used to earn her first affiliate sale with Pinterest, including the basics of affiliate marketing, how to create 'viral' pins and her Boardbooster strategy.
- The She Approach to Boosting Blog Traffic: In this eBook Ana shares her Traffic Boosting strategies using SEO and Social Media. As well as 100+ pages of pro Traffic Tips you get 2 free months of Tailwind (to immediately put Ana's Pinterest strategies into practice) a Blog Promo checklist, 100+ Facebook groups you can promote your posts in and access to Ana's exclusive Blogging resource library.
- Kindle Unlimited: A monthly subscription from Amazon that gives you access to over 1 million Kindle books for 1 fixed monthly fee! I love it and have read epic books like Get Rich, Lucky Bitch, The One Hour Content Plan and How to Blog for Profit: Without Selling your Soul through my Kindle Unlimited Subscription. Sign up for a Free 30-day Trial here!
- Kindle Reading App: This is a Free reading app that allows you to read your Kindle books on your Phone and Desktop too. Brush up on your Blogging Education wherever you are! Get it for Free here.
Recommended blogging Courses
- Skillshare: Monthly membership site for online education with courses on absolutely everything! Get two free months of Premium Membership, with my link. This post shares 40+ of my favourite Blogging and Business courses on Skillshare.
- Turn your Dreams into Money: How to Build a Six Figure Blog and Live the Life You Want: In this course, 6-figure Blogger Emma Drew gives you a Start to Finish, step-by-step guide to creating a wildly successful blog where the earning potential is limitless. This course tells you exactly what Emma’s done, and what she wished she’d known earlier, to grow her blog into a six-figure blog. And how you can do it too.
- Find Your Tribe Online: In this course Jen Snyder from Women Winning Online teaches you how to grow your Blog Traffic with Facebook Groups, Pinterest and Guest Posting. The course includes videos, worksheets and checklists plus pre-written scripts and a private student-only Facebook group.
- Ready, Set, Blog for Traffic: This course by freelance writer Elna Cain from Twins Mommy gives you a step-by-step plan on what you need to set up your blog for targeted traffic, how to market your posts on Pinterest and how to write damn good posts to attract and convert your audience.
- Affiliate Acceleration: In this course Kayla Aimee takes you through her affiliate marketing strategies and solutions to capture your audience's attention and move them to action, so you can use affiliate marketing as an easy, lucrative, income stream.
- How to Create your First Opt-in Freebie: In this course Angie Nelson from The Work at Home Wife shares her best practices for planning your opt-in, as well as step-by-step instructions for creating, sharing and uploading it.
- Blog & Be Legal: The Start to Finish Guide to Starting your Blog and Online Biz Legally: If you want to be sure that your blog and biz are legal, this is the course for you. Written by a seasoned blogger and attorney, this is your start to finish guide for the legal aspects for your blog and online business. Plus you get $350+ value of Legal templates for disclosure statements, privacy statements and terms and conditions for your blog.